Sunday, July 27, 2008

Waiting on God...

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him” (Isaiah 64:4).
Waiting on God~~ Do you wait patiently for God? I have such a difficult time being patient and waiting on His answer or direction sometimes. I will give my problem(s) to Him and wait for a little while, then I end up wanting to take it back and try to solve it my own way if He doesn’t do it fast enough to suit my selfish taste. If I solve it my own way though, the outcome is almost always lousy. It says in His word that if we wait on Him, he will act on our behalf! What better person to have on our side!
As God’s chosen people, we must learn to give every single problem, question or concern to Him and wait it out patiently. “I will give you rain in due season” Leviticus 26:4 When is our due season? Only our Heavenly father knows. There is a perfect time for every thing in our life, only in God’s perfect timing. I pray for God’s perfect timing and will in all of our lives- not a step ahead and not a step behind him.
But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31).
God gives each of us the strength we need to face each challenge and have an even stronger relationship with Him.
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him” (Isaiah 30:18). By being patient, He can accomplish so much in our hearts. We receive answers to prayer, see God work miracles, increase our faith, and see God’s perfect plan fulfilled in our situation. Remember, waiting is not wasted time! So often I find myself trying to hurry time and wondering what is next in my own impatience. God has shown me this past year to enjoy where you are right now. God put me there to learn something. He may want us to work out an issue or simply be there for someone else, but He is always there with us to help and guide us through!!!

No comments: